POSITION: Deputy Coroner
WORK SCHEDULE: As needed
STATUS: Part Time
SALARY: Paid $100 per case worked
Warren County Coroner’s Office is looking for a part-time Deputy Coroner. Incumbent serves as Deputy Coroner for the Coroner, responsible for assisting in investigating and assisting in certifying cause and manner of death in any suspicious, unusual or unnatural human death.
Deputy Coroner duties include but are not limited to:
- Investigates deaths reported to office per applicable state and local rules, regulations and guidelines, including observing, photographing, and documenting scene of death, and examining, photographing, and documenting body.
- Interviews witnesses and/or relatives of decedent, and verifies medical history of decedent. Consults with various agencies as appropriate, including Sheriff, municipal police departments, fire departments, Indiana State Police, and emergency medical services.
- Consult with Coroner to determine need for specimen draws or autopsies as needed.
- Completes investigatory documents and reports as required, such as lab requests, Coroner's verdict, investigation reports, fatal accident and SIDS reports. Maintains related case files.
- Renders/certifies cause and manner of death, and provides documentation to agencies and individuals as requested. Determines next of kin and provides personal notification of death as needed. Secures personal possessions of decedent and releases to appropriate individual.
- Periodically provides information regarding investigations to news media, and makes depositions as required. Media releases require Coroner approval.
- Attends and successfully completes State Commission certified death investigation class as required and maintains certification for duration of employment.
- Serves in an as needed status and sometimes serves on a 24 hour call rotation.
- Assists with maintaining cleanliness and organization of the Coroner’s Office vehicle, equipment, supply room, and office.
- Ability to provide public access to or maintain confidentiality of department information/records according to state requirements.
- Ability to work alone and with others in a team environment, and maintain appropriate, respectful interrelationships with co-workers.
Education and Qualification Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED and ability to successfully complete required training.
- Working knowledge of and ability to make practical application of various related fields of science, such as pathology, forensics, anatomy, and criminal investigation.
- Working knowledge of blood borne pathogens control, and ability to follow universal health precautions at all times to prevent infection of self and others.
- Ability to properly operate a computer and camera, and accurately complete required documents and reports.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 100 pounds
- Ability to adapt to changing work environments and irregular hours. Ability to regularly work extended, weekend and/or evening hours, and occasionally travel out of town, but not overnight.
- Possession of a valid Indiana driver's license and clean and safe driving record.
Warren County, IN is seeking candidates for the part time position
Emergency Management Agency Director Job Description
Employment Application can be found online at warrencounty.in.gov- job openings
Please include resume with Warren County Application:
Email: email@example.com Phone: 765-764-5880
Primarily the EMA Director is responsible for emergency planning and maintaining a functional emergency operation center on behalf of Warren County. This does include administrative and technical work.
Interested candidates must have the ability to work alone and coordinate with other personnel responding swiftly, rationally, and decisively in all situations, while maintaining proper policies, procedures, and regulations governed by local, state (IC 10-14), and federal laws. Supervisor or management experience is preferred.
High school diploma or GED, valid driver license with demonstrated safe driving record, received the three shot Hepatitis B vaccination, and the capability to obtain/ maintain certifications during employment as prescribed by IDHS/FEMA.
Warren County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in hiring based upon race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability
Custodian Part Time
Warren County is seeking a self-motivated individual who will be responsible for assisting Custodian with the cleanliness of Warren County Courthouse approximately 12 hours per week.
Duties will be assigned as needed and will include, but not limited to, dusting, polishing furniture, disinfecting, checking and refilling products as needed, washing walls, cleaning floor mats, windows/window sills, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, taking out trash, replacing trash can liners, and cleaning trash cans if needed.
Knowledge of janitorial/custodial practices are helpful.
Flexible work hours in the evenings with the possibility of additional hours/days as needed.
Must have a clean background check, High School diploma or GED, capability to use equipment, climb a ladder, and lift 50 pounds.
Warren County is an Equal Opportunity Employer based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Warren County does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sexual orientation, gender, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested Applicants can contact Custodian at firstname.lastname@example.org